Sanders Witherspoon specialise in Motoring Law. Changes in the law over the past few years have made things more complex and technical. Few people facing fines and penalty points challenge the police. There are a number of areas where specialist legal advice could help.
We can provide assistance in person or in writing in the following areas:-
- Dangerous or Careless Driving
- Death by Dangerous or Careless Driving
- Drink Driving or Drunk in Charge
- Failure to Provide a Specimen of Breath or Blood
- Post Accident Alcohol Consumption
- Traffic Light Offences
- Failing to Stop
- Driving Whilst Disqualified (DWD)
- Driving Without Insurance
- Failure to Identify Driver (Section 172 notice offences)
- No Insurance
- No MOT
- No Vehicle Excise Licence (Tax disc)
- Mobile Phone Offences
- HGV or PSV Offences
- Totting Up (Penalty Points)
- Appeals against disqualification
- Appeals against sentence
- Appeals against conviction
Most offences that incur penalty points allow you to put forward special reasons or mitigation called “exceptional hardship”. This can lead to a reduced penalty or no penalty at all. It is vital that you consider this, especially where your licence is at risk.
We have a number of independent experts that are experienced in challenging the prosecution case.
If you need any advice or help with a motoring case please call immediately and arrange an appointment. Sanders Witherspoon LLP have successfully defended many of these cases. We may be able to help you too.