Buying a Commercial Property
Our lawyers at Sanders Witherspoon LLP, Billericay, Essex, can help with the sale or purchase of commercial freehold or leasehold land. As well as non-residential properties, our commercial department can help with mixed use properties. We can act for your lender if a mortgage or bridging finance is required and can act for the pension company if you are purchasing or selling through a pension fund.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A COMMERCIAL PROPERTY PURCHASE?
In relation to a purchase, examples of some of the work we would undertake include:
- checking the seller’s proof of title
- advising upon and submitting searches
- reviewing replies to CPSE (Commercial Property Standard Enquiries)
- raising any appropriate enquiries which are not dealt with in CPSE, or arise due to replies given
- obtaining a clear certificate from the lender (if applicable)
- drafting and submitting the Transfer document
- preparing Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) forms and submitting the same
- registering your purchase at the Land Registry
- assessing a potential claim for Capital Allowances – if these have not already been claimed by the seller then you could possibly claim these yourself. We can provide you with initial advice and are able to refer you to a capital allowance expert.
If the property is subject to a lease which is already in place we would need to investigate the provisions of the lease which you would be taking on and report to you on this. Alternatively if a lease is required we can advise you upon this and draft the same.
If you are buying the property in your individual name to lease out to your company this is something we can assist with. We can provide a seamless service as the solicitor dealing with the purchase would also deal with the preparation of the lease.
How can we help you?
Commercial Lease Renewal
Many thanks Liz. You and your team (Rachel and Kerry) are definitely the best solicitors I have ever used. My commercial lease renewal was handled expertly. Very professional and extremely thorough. Significantly you brought to light a couple of key areas missed by two previous solicitors. I would not hesitate to recommend you and without doubt I will call you when my lease next renews. First class.
Office Lease Negotiation
The firm was handling office lease agreement, the service was very good, legal terms explained, risks explained, negotiated terms with the other solicitors and delivered the agreement on time.
I would call Liz Barnett again when and if required.
A happy customer. Liz is very professional and took a lot of time with us in explaining legal things. Though our transaction failed to complete as it was the fault of the landlord. I recommend her services to others and I will soon be taking her service again.
Our service is always of a high standard even with demanding timescales
Whether you are renting office space, buying industrial premises or are involved in property development, our commercial property team is able to help you. You may simply need preliminary advice on the investigation of land ownership, methods of joint ownership or initial guidance on how to agree Heads of Terms.
Treat us as your in-house expert legal team, with in-depth knowledge about commercial law tailored to your specific business needs.
With a wealth of experience in this sector our specialist team is ready to give your business tailor-made advice when you need it.
Wherever possible, we fix our costs - without any hidden extras – to take the stress out of uncertainty of legal fees.